Are you looking for the best antifreeze for your Cummins diesel engine? Look no further! In this article, we will discuss the top antifreeze options specifically designed for Cummins diesel engines.
But before we dive into the details, let me share a real-life success story.
My close friend, who owns a Cummins diesel truck, was facing cooling system issues. Upon my recommendation, he tried the Best Antifreeze for Cummins Diesel, and the problem was resolved.
Inspired by this experience, we will also provide you with other recommendations based on real-life testimonials. Keep reading to find the perfect antifreeze for your Cummins diesel engine!
Here are The Top 10 Best Antifreeze for Cummins Diesel:
1. Mopar 10 Year/150,000 Mile Coolant 50/50 Premixed Best Antifreeze for Cummins Diesel:
When it comes to choosing the best antifreeze for Cummins diesel engines, the Mopar 10 Year/150,000 Mile Coolant 50/50 Premixed is our top pick. This product stands out from the competition for several reasons.
Firstly, its impressive longevity of 10 years or 150,000 miles sets it apart. This means less frequent coolant changes and potentially lower maintenance costs for Cummins diesel owners.
Additionally, the premixed 50/50 coolant ratio makes this product highly convenient and ready to use straight out of the bottle, saving you time and effort.
Furthermore, the inclusion of a bittering agent in the formulation ensures safety, as it deters accidental ingestion by children or pets. This attention to safety is a notable feature that sets the Mopar coolant apart.
In terms of performance, convenience, and safety, Mopar 10 Year/150,000 Mile Coolant 50/50 Premixed offers the highest level of quality and performance. For Cummins diesel owners, it is a clear choice for maintaining optimal engine cooling and longevity.
– Long-lasting coolant protection for up to 10 years or 150,000 miles.
– Convenient 50/50 premixed formula eliminates the need for dilution.
– Lightweight package for easy handling and transport.
– Does not require any batteries for operation.
– Contains a bittering agent to prevent accidental ingestion.
– Expensive compared to other coolant options
– Limited availability in some locations
– May not be compatible with all vehicle models
– Bittering agent may alter taste if accidentally ingested
– Can be difficult to find in smaller auto parts stores
2. Triax All Fleet ELC Coolant & Antifreeze, Diesel Extreme HD NOAT:
The Triax All Fleet ELC Coolant & Antifreeze is our top pick for Cummins diesel engines.
With its exceptional heat transfer capabilities and outstanding additive stability, this product provides long-lasting protection for up to 1 million miles, 8 years, or 20,000 hours.
What sets this coolant apart is its compatibility with every diesel engine, semi-trucks, and tractors. It works well with all types of color antifreeze, allowing for flexibility and ease of use.
Additionally, its full metal compatibility ensures that it can be used with aluminum, cast iron, steel, stainless steel, and all copper radiators.
The state-of-the-art adpack in this coolant prevents pitting, deposits, scaling, and damage to the cooling system, providing unmatched corrosion inhibition.
It also contains molybdate for heavy-duty diesel cylinder liner protection, preventing cavitation damage.
Not only is this product suitable for severe service heavy-duty vehicles, but it is also recommended for everyday passenger cars and trucks, both diesel and gas. It even contains a bittering agent to prevent ingestion by humans or pets.
As a result, Triax All Fleet ELC Coolant & Antifreeze is a reliable and high-quality cooling fluid for Cummins diesel engines. Its impressive features and compatibility make it our second pick for the best antifreeze for Cummins diesel.
– Compatible with every diesel engine, semi-trucks, and tractors
– Provides 1 million miles or 8 years of protection
– Exceptional heat transfer capabilities
– Unmatched corrosion inhibition for the full duration of its life
– Compatible with all types of color antifreeze
– Limited availability and distribution
– High price compared to other coolant products
– Not suitable for motorcycles or small engines
– May require additional maintenance and cleaning for older engines
– Bittering agent could affect taste if accidentally consumed
3. Zerex Extended Life Red Heavy Duty (HD) 50/50 Prediluted Ready-to-Use Antifreeze/Coolant 1 GA:
As an avid Cummins diesel engine user, I highly recommend the Zerex Extended Life Red Heavy Duty Antifreeze/Coolant.
It is our 3rd pick for the best antifreeze for Cummins diesel engines due to its exceptional features and benefits.
First and foremost, the heavy-duty formula of this antifreeze is specifically designed to meet the harsh demands of heavy-duty diesel engines like Cummins, DDC, MACK, Navistar, Paccar, and Volvo.
It provides reliable protection and ensures optimal performance, even under extreme conditions.
One notable feature of this antifreeze is its organic acid technology, which effectively resists corrosion, scale, and rust. This not only safeguards your diesel engine but also ensures proper flow and functionality of the antifreeze.
What sets the Zerex Extended Life Red Heavy Duty Antifreeze/Coolant apart is its ability to protect all cooling system metals, including aluminum, without causing any harm to gaskets, hoses, or the original vehicle finish.
This versatility makes it a top choice among Cummins diesel engine users.
Furthermore, this antifreeze comes pre-mixed in a 50/50 ratio with deionized water, making it ready-to-use straight out of the container. It saves both time and effort during the filling process.
With a guaranteed performance of 3 years/300,000 miles/7,000 hours of operation on the initial fill, you can trust the Zerex Extended Life Red Heavy Duty Antifreeze/Coolant to protect your engine against freeze-ups or boil-overs, minimizing the risk of costly engine failures.
Therefore, if you have a Cummins diesel engine, the Zerex Extended Life Red Heavy Duty Antifreeze/Coolant would be the ideal choice. Its heavy-duty formula, corrosion resistance, compatibility with all cooling system metals, and ready-to-use convenience make it a reliable and efficient antifreeze option. Trust Zerex to keep your engine running smoothly.
– Heavy duty formula for heavy-duty diesel engines.
– Resists corrosion, scale, and rust.
– Protects all cooling system metals including aluminum.
– Ready-to-use and pre-mixed solution.
– Guaranteed performance for 3 years/300,000 miles/7,000 hours.
– Limited compatibility with non-heavy-duty diesel engines.
– May be more expensive than other antifreeze options.
– Bittering agent may alter taste if accidentally ingested.
– Product may not be available in all locations.
– Requires regular monitoring and potential refills to maintain effectiveness.
4. Ultra1Plus Antifreeze Coolant – UltraCool Universal PREMIXED 50/50:
The Ultra1Plus Antifreeze Coolant, also known as UltraCool Universal PREMIXED 50/50, is our 4th pick for the best antifreeze for Cummins diesel engines.
What we love about this product is its convenience. It comes ready to use, saving you the hassle of mixing coolant and water.
Not only is it convenient, but it also meets ASTM D 3306 and ASTM D 4985 standards, making it suitable for both automotive and heavy-duty diesel engines. This means you can use it for a wide range of vehicle makes and models.
Another standout feature of this coolant is its superior corrosion protection. With a low silicate concentration and a phosphate-free formula, it offers excellent protection against corrosion and helps prevent boil-over, ensuring the longevity of your engine.
One of the things we appreciate about the Ultra1Plus Antifreeze Coolant is its high-quality defoamer system.
This system safeguards your engine’s hoses, plastic components, and gaskets, ensuring compatibility and preserving the integrity of your engine.
Lastly, this coolant is suitable for both new and older vehicles, making it a versatile option for various Cummins diesel engines. It works well with modern engine model cooling systems and is also compatible with cars and trucks from 2000 and older.
This is a reliable, convenient cooling fluid designed for Cummins diesel engines that uses Ultra1Plus Antifreeze Coolant. With its universal formula, superior corrosion protection, and compatibility with both new and older vehicles, it is certainly worth considering for your engine’s cooling system.
– Ready to use coolant for hassle-free maintenance.
– Formulated to meet ASTM D 3306 and ASTM D 4985 standards.
– Provides superior corrosion protection and boil-over prevention.
– Safeguards hoses, plastic components, and gaskets for engine longevity.
– Suitable for both modern and older vehicles for versatility.
– May be more expensive compared to other coolant options.
– Some users may prefer to mix their own coolant ratios.
– Limited availability in certain regions or stores.
– Not suitable for specialty or vintage vehicles.
– May not provide optimal performance in extreme temperature conditions.
5. Mopar 10 Year/150,000 Mile Coolant Concentrate:
As a proud owner of a Cummins diesel engine, finding the right antifreeze for its cooling system is crucial.
After extensive research, our team has ranked the Mopar 10 Year/150,000 Mile Coolant Concentrate as our 5th pick for the best antifreeze for Cummins diesel engines.
What makes this product stand out is its genuine Mopar quality and impressive durability. With a lifespan of 10 years or 150,000 miles, this coolant concentrate offers long-lasting protection for your engine.
It is safe for use in all radiators and both gas and diesel engines, making it a versatile choice for various vehicles.
One notable feature of the Mopar Coolant is its inclusion of a bittering agent, which adds an extra layer of safety. This prevents accidental ingestion as it deters humans and animals from consuming it.
This thoughtful addition ensures peace of mind knowing that the coolant is safe to handle and store.
Overall, the Mopar 10 Year/150,000 Mile Coolant Concentrate is a reliable and high-quality choice for Cummins diesel engines. Its compatibility, long lifespan, and added safety measures make it a top contender in the market. Trust this coolant to keep your Cummins diesel engine running smoothly for years to come.
– Long-lasting protection for up to 10 years or 150,000 miles
– Versatile coolant suitable for all radiators and engine types
– Contains a bittering agent to prevent accidental ingestion
– Genuine Mopar product ensures high quality and compatibility
– Convenient gallon size concentrate for easy use and storage
– Limited availability in some regions,
– Relatively high price compared to other coolant options,
– Bittering agent may alter taste if coolant leaks,
– Limited compatibility with non-Mopar vehicles,
– Some users may prefer ready-to-use coolant options.
6. Hot Shot’s Secret 750,000 Mile 50/50 Prediluted Red Antifreeze/Coolant 4 Pack of 1 Gallon:
As our 6th pick for the best antifreeze for Cummins diesel engines, the Hot Shot’s Secret 750,000 Mile 50/50 Prediluted Red Antifreeze/Coolant offers exceptional features and benefits.
Firstly, I love that this antifreeze is nitrite-free and compatible with both conventional and extended life brands.
This compatibility ensures peace of mind for Cummins diesel owners, as it can be easily integrated into their cooling systems without any issues.
Additionally, the inclusion of a bittering agent in this coolant is advantageous. It serves as a deterrent to pets and children who may accidentally ingest the product, providing an added layer of safety.
The fact that this antifreeze comes prediluted in a 50/50 mix with distilled water is also highly convenient. It saves time and effort, allowing for a hassle-free application.
Lastly, the Hot Shot’s Secret 750,000 Mile 50/50 Prediluted Red Antifreeze/Coolant is precharged with an initial Supplemental Coolant Additive, making it a comprehensive solution for optimal engine performance and longevity.
As a Cummins diesel owner, you will find that this product is of excellent value because it offers compatibility, safety, convenience, and optimal performance. It is a reliable choice for those seeking a top-notch antifreeze for their Cummins diesel engines.
– Long-lasting protection for up to 750,000 miles
– Pre-mixed with distilled water for convenience
– Nitrite-Free formulation for improved compatibility
– Red color for easy identification and leak detection
– Contains a bittering agent to deter accidental ingestion
– Expensive compared to other antifreeze options.
– May not be suitable for all vehicle types.
– Not readily available in all retail stores.
– Bittering agent may be unpleasant to taste or smell.
– Limited options for coolant mixture ratios.
7. PEAK Final Charge Global Extended Life 50/50 Prediluted Antifreeze/Coolant for All Heavy Duty Engine Cooling Systems:
Our 7th pick for the best antifreeze for Cummins diesel engines is the PEAK Final Charge Global Extended Life Antifreeze/Coolant. This pre-mixed coolant offers several features and benefits that make it a standout choice.
What we like about this product is its versatility. It is suitable for use in all heavy-duty diesel, gasoline, and natural gas engines, making it a reliable option for various vehicles.
Its excellent heat transfer capabilities make it particularly ideal for engines equipped with EGR and SCR systems, which are known for generating high temperatures.
Another advantage of this coolant is its long-lasting protection. With proper maintenance, it can safeguard the engine for up to one million miles of on-road use.
This durability ensures peace of mind for Cummins diesel engine owners who rely on their vehicles for heavy-duty operations.
Additionally, the gentle formula of this antifreeze coolant can improve water pump seal life, extending the lifespan of critical engine components. The inclusion of a bittering agent called Denatonium Benzoate adds an extra layer of safety.
Overall, the PEAK Final Charge Global Extended Life Antifreeze/Coolant is a reliable choice for Cummins diesel engines. Its versatility, excellent heat transfer capabilities, long-lasting protection, and gentle formula make it an excellent option for heavy-duty engine cooling systems.
– Extended Life pre-mixed coolant for all heavy-duty engine cooling systems.
– Excellent heat transfer for high-temperature applications.
– Can be mixed with other coolants for added versatility.
– Protects for one million miles of on-road use.
– Non-abrasive formula improves water pump seal life.
– Limited compatibility with other coolants (contamination levels must be monitored)
– May require additional maintenance for optimal performance
– Bittering agent Denatonium Benzoate may be unpleasant for some users
– Limited heat transfer efficiency compared to some competitors
– Cost may be higher compared to regular antifreeze/coolant.
8. FLEET CHARGE FXAB53 Antifreeze Coolant, 1 gal., 50/50, Red:
The FLEET CHARGE FXAB53 Antifreeze Coolant is our 8th pick for the best antifreeze for Cummins diesel engines, and for good reason.
This product offers reliable and efficient protection for your valuable Cummins diesel engine.
What we love about the FLEET CHARGE FXAB53 is its exceptional performance in extreme temperatures.
Whether you’re facing scorching summer heat or freezing winter cold, this coolant maintains optimal engine temperature, preventing overheating and ensuring smooth operation.
Additionally, the 50/50 formulation of antifreeze and coolant provides a perfect balance for your Cummins diesel engine’s cooling system.
It effectively guards against corrosion, scale, and cavitation, maximizing the longevity and efficiency of your engine.
The FLEET CHARGE FXAB53 comes in a convenient one-gallon container, making it easy to handle and use during maintenance. Its reliable performance, combined with its reasonable price, makes it a standout choice for any Cummins diesel owner.
The FLEET CHARGE FXAB53 Antifreeze Coolant is the ideal choice for Cummins engine cooling, if you are seeking a high-quality antifreeze that will fit perfectly into your cooling system. Trustworthy, efficient, and affordable, it’s a must-have for maintaining the health and longevity of your engine.
– 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and coolant
– Designed for auto and truck maintenance
– Convenient gallon size packaging
– Made in the United States
– High-quality product from FLEET CHARGE FXAB53 brand
– Expensive compared to other antifreeze coolant options.
– Limited availability in certain regions or countries.
– May require dilution before use, adding extra steps.
– Packaging design may not be user-friendly or spill-proof.
– May not be compatible with all types of vehicles or engines.
9. Zerex G05 Phosphate Free Concentrate Antifreeze/Coolant 1 GA:
The Zerex G05 Phosphate Free Concentrate Antifreeze/Coolant is our 9th pick for the best antifreeze for Cummins diesel engines.
It offers unsurpassed freeze protection and anti-boil performance, outperforming industry standards.
One of the standout features of this coolant is its hybrid organic acid technology, which effectively fights rust, scale, and corrosion while protecting all cooling system metals, including aluminum. This is crucial for maintaining the longevity of your engine.
What sets the Zerex G05 apart from other antifreeze options is its high-quality additives that not only protect against leaks but also won’t harm gaskets, hoses, plastics, or the original vehicle finish.
This means you can use it without worrying about any potential damage to your engine components.
Another great advantage is the Yellow Concentrate Formula, which can be mixed with clean tap water or demineralized water at different ratios depending on the temperature range.
This flexibility ensures optimal performance in various weather conditions.
The Zerex G05 also comes with a 5-year/150,000-mile guarantee, providing peace of mind against engine failure caused by freeze-ups or boil-overs.
Furthermore, the product has undergone batch testing in the lab and fleet-tested in the real world to ensure high quality and performance.
Accordingly, the Zerex G05 Phosphate-Free Concentrate Antifreeze/Coolant is an excellent choice for Cummins diesel engines. Its exceptional freeze protection, anti-corrosion properties, and compatibility with various cooling system components make it a top-notch option.
– Unsurpassed freeze protection and anti-boil performance.
– Fights rust, scale, and corrosion.
– Protects against leaks and won’t harm gaskets or hoses.
– Can be used with all cooling system metals (including aluminum).
– Comes with a 5-year/150,000-mile guarantee.
– Contains a bittering agent that may affect taste/flavor of water
– Requires mixing with water, adding an extra step for users
– May not be compatible with certain types of vehicles or engines
– Limited temperature range for optimal performance
– Relatively expensive compared to other antifreeze/coolants
10. Zerex Fully Formulated Pink Heavy Duty 50/50 Ready-to-Use Antifreeze/Coolant 1 GA:
As the market is flooded with various antifreeze options, finding the best one for Cummins diesel engines can be a daunting task.
However, Zerex Fully Formulated Pink Heavy Duty 50/50 Ready-to-Use Antifreeze/Coolant is the perfect choice for Cummins diesel owners.
What sets this antifreeze apart is its heavy-duty formula specifically designed to meet the demands of powerful engines such as Cummins, DDC, MACK, Navistar, and Paccar.
It is pre-charged with corrosion, scale, and rust inhibitors, ensuring that your radiator, water pumps, and other cooling system parts remain clean.
Compatibility is crucial, and this antifreeze doesn’t disappoint. It protects all cooling system metals, including aluminum, without causing any harm to gaskets, hoses, or the original vehicle finish.
One of the notable features is its ready-to-use pre-mixed pink solution, requiring no additional water. With a 50/50 ratio and deionized water, it offers convenience and saves time.
We appreciate the 3-year/150,000-mile guarantee this antifreeze offers, protecting your engine from freeze-ups or boil-overs that can lead to engine failure.
To ensure safety, it contains a bittering agent, denatonium benzoate, making it less appealing to pets or children.
This Zerex Fully Formulated Pink Heavy Duty 50/50 Ready-to-Use Antifreeze/Coolant is a great antifreeze and coolant for Cummins diesel engines. Its heavy-duty formula, compatibility with various metals, and convenient pre-mixed solution make it a reliable choice for all Cummins diesel owners.
– Heavy duty formula for harsh demands of diesel engines.
– Pre-charged with corrosion, scale, and rust inhibitors.
– Protects all cooling system metals, including aluminum.
– Ready-to-use, pre-mixed pink solution in a 50/50 ratio.
– 3 year/150,000 mile guarantee against engine failure.
– May be more expensive compared to other antifreeze/coolants.
– Some users may not like the pink color.
– Contains denatonium benzoate, which may not appeal to some users.
– Not suitable for use in all types of engines.
– May not be available in all locations or stores.
Things to Consider:
Selecting the best antifreeze for your Cummins Diesel engine is a crucial task that shouldn’t be taken lightly. Choosing the right product can have a significant impact on both the performance of your engine and your wallet.
Let me guide you through the factors you should consider before making your decision.
When it comes to options, you’ll find a variety of antifreeze products in the market. To ensure you make the right choice, consider the following factors:
The antifreeze you choose should be compatible with your Cummins Diesel engine. Consult your vehicle’s manual or contact the manufacturer to determine the correct type of antifreeze for your specific model.
2. Ethylene Glycol or Propylene Glycol:
Antifreezes are available in two main types – ethylene glycol and propylene glycol. Ethylene glycol antifreeze is more commonly used but is toxic and requires careful handling.
Propylene glycol, on the other hand, is non-toxic and safer for both humans and animals.
3. Additive Package:
Different antifreezes come with varying additive packages that provide additional protection against rust, corrosion, and cavitation.
Consider the needs of your engine and the climate in which you operate your vehicle to determine the ideal additive package.
4. Freeze and Boiling Point:
It’s essential to choose an antifreeze with a freeze point low enough to handle the coldest temperatures you expect to encounter.
Additionally, consider the boiling point to ensure it can resist overheating during extreme conditions.
The lifespan of the antifreeze is crucial as it directly impacts your maintenance schedule and budget. Some products offer extended life coolant options, reducing the frequency of coolant changes and saving you money in the long run.
Apart from these options, there are a few important factors to take into account:
Make a well-informed decision when selecting the best antifreeze for your Cummins Diesel engine.
By taking into consideration these options and factors, you can ensure optimal engine performance, longevity, and efficient budget management. Your Cummins Diesel engine deserves the best – choose wisely.
Best Antifreeze for Cummins Diesel – For the Better Life of Your Engine:
You can also watch this video guide:
How We Tested?
When testing the best antifreeze for Cummins Diesel, we focused on finding the optimal product that would effectively protect your engine and optimize performance. W
e understand that choosing the right antifreeze can be a daunting task, so we’ve done the hard work for you by evaluating various options in the market.
Here are the five key aspects we considered during our testing process:
We ensured that each antifreeze we tested was specifically designed for Cummins Diesel engines. Compatibility is crucial to ensure proper functionality and prevent any potential damage.
2. Cooling Ability:
We evaluated the antifreeze’s effectiveness in maintaining the engine’s optimal operating temperature. Keeping your engine cool is vital for its longevity and performance.
3. Freezing and Boiling Point:
We tested the antifreeze’s ability to protect your engine in extreme temperatures. It’s important to choose a product that offers sufficient freeze and boil over protection to prevent any damage caused by temperature fluctuations.
4. Corrosion Prevention:
Antifreeze not only protects against freezing but also acts as a coolant and corrosion inhibitor. We carefully considered each product’s ability to prevent corrosion, which can lead to costly repairs down the line.
We assessed the durability and longevity of the antifreeze. Choosing a long-lasting product will save you from frequent replacements and ensure consistent protection for your engine.
What type of antifreeze does Cummins recommend?
Cummins recommends a low silicate antifreeze that meets TMC RP-329 Type A specifications. This includes Cummins Fleetguard ES Compleat or Cummins 90/10 Pre-Diluted Antifreeze/Coolant.
Why is silicate content important?
High silicate antifreeze can leave silicate deposits that damage seals, restrict flow, and cause leakage. Low silicate formulas are safer for Cummins engines.
What about using just green extended life coolant?
While cheaper, most green coolants have high silicate levels. Sticking to TMC RP-329 approved antifreeze is best for longevity.
How often should I change my Cummins antifreeze?
For best protection, Cummins says ELC coolant should be changed after 6 years/6k hours or 350k miles max, whichever comes first.
Will antifreeze help handle hot summer temperatures?
Yes, ELC antifreeze contains corrosion inhibitors to handle heat alongside its cold weather protection.
Does Cummins recommend supplemental coolant additives?
No, Cummins says additives should not be mixed in, as they can compromise the formula of manufacturer-approved antifreeze.
Should I use deionized or demineralized water?
For lowest corrosion and deposits, Cummins does recommend mix with deionized or demineralized water.
- Mercedes Eco Start Stop Not Working: (100% Guaranteed Fix!)
- Engine Coolant Over Temperature Ford: (100% Guaranteed Fix!)
- Chevy Traverse Service Battery Charging System (100% Fixed!)
- Honda Code B123: (Causes & 100% Guaranteed Fixes!)
- Peugeot Anti Pollution Fault: Its Mean? (100% Guaranteed Fix!)
- Does Visa Cover Rental Car Insurance? (I Asked Them!)